Billy’s Buddies Terms and Conditions
The following outlines the Terms and Conditions associated enrolling your child in Billy’s Buddies (either as a paying member or free trial). Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. These Terms and Conditions are subject to change.
As the parent/guardian please note this form also acts as a Parent’s Consent Form and Media Release Form.
If you do not want your child’s photo published on the website or used in promotional material please email email@example.com
Part 1: Parental Consent to Playing Billy’s Buddies
- As parent/guardian of the enrolled child, I give permission for this child, to partake in the Billy’s Buddies Program.
- I also warrant that I am the parent/guardian of said child.
- I acknowledge that I must be present at all times (or have a suitable replacement – e.g. Childcare Worker) whilst Billy’s Buddies’ sessions are taking place.
Part 2: Acknowledgement of Billy’s Buddies Terms and Conditions
A: Code of Conduct
All parents (and their children) must refrain from:
- Swearing, foul, abusive or derogatory language which includes comments or actions;
- Verbal abuse including language, comments or words that threatens or denigrates a child, Coach/instructor or spectator on the basis of his/her religion, sexual orientation, disability, race, colour, national or ethnic origin;
- Talking back to or arguing with a Coach;
- Intentional physical contact not permitted by the rules or fighting with a child, coach, instructor, parent, spectator or Billy’s Buddies representative;
Should a child, parent breach the Code of Conduct above, Billy’s Buddies may take whatever action necessary including but not limited to: suspension of children, parents or guardians; escalating the matter to Police or appropriate law enforcement bodies.
B: Role of the Parent/Guardian
- Parents/guardians are responsible for their children and associated spectators’ conduct.
- The parent/guardian must make sure they have registered their child.
- The parent/guardian must be present at all Park Session Programs.
- The Childcare Centre will normally be responsible for the safety of the child whilst the child is attending the Childcare. This still applies when Billy’s Buddies sessions are running at a Childcare Centre. It is up the parent/guardian to ensure this obligation is being met.
- Billy’s Buddies adheres to both the Australian Sports Commission’s Child Safety Policy (which can be accessed here) and the advice provided by the Sport Integrity Australia with respect to protecting children (which can be accessed here). All parents/guardians must also adhere to these policies.
- All parents/guardians must assist Billy’s Buddies representatives in identifying children, spectator or associated, that have breached the Code of Conduct.
- To be insured, a child must be registered.
- All parents are encouraged to seek medical advice for their children before playing to ensure they are fit and capable of participating in a Billy’s Buddies Program.
- If your child suffers from an illness or disability of some sort, you must provide a formal Medical Certificate clearing your child as fit for play. The onus to obtain and then provide this Certificate rests with the parent/guardian. The Certificate can be emailed to Head Office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All registered children will be covered by the Sports Personal Accident Insurance Policy as arranged by Billy’s Buddies through Arthur James Gallagher Brokers. [Policy details are available from Billy’s Buddies: email@example.com]
- For a child (parent/guardian) to make an insurance claim, they must report the incident to the coach on the day/night of the injury. A failure to do so voids a child’s right to claim through the Billy’s Buddies Insurance Policy.
D: Disclaimer & Acknowledgements
- In consideration of Billy’s Buddies allowing my child, once they are a registered child (including being registered via “free trial” option), to participate in the Billy’s Buddies Program and events run by Billy’s Buddies, I agree to release Billy’s Buddies from all liability for any claim or demand or damage or personal injury or illness sustained by my child (a) arising from or in respect of my participation in any game or other activity (Billy’s Buddies related or otherwise) arranged by or on behalf of Billy’s Buddies, whether or not the injury is caused by Billy’s Buddies or any other person; and (b) whether or not the damage, personal injury or illness arises from the negligence or breach of any statutory duty of Billy’s Buddies or any other individual.
- I acknowledge that: (a) in the conduct of the Billy’s Buddies Program or other activity, some physical contact will occur between my child and other individuals involved in the Program; and (b) I consent to that contact being made; and (c) I will not hold Billy’s Buddies or any other Billy’s Buddies Representative responsible for any injury or illness my child may suffer in respect of that contact.
Part 3: Media Release Form – I Consent To My Child’s Image/Photo Being Used
- Billy’s Buddies and/or its agents respectfully request to be able to make use of pictures/videos/images of your child whether that be on the website, Facebook or other related mediums. Images may be used in both administrative material (reports, updates etc) or promotional material (e.g. flyers, online adverts etc).
- Billy’s Buddies will not remunerate the child/parent or make any payments for the use of these images – royalties or otherwise.
- Billy’s Buddies will retain copyright in all images and videos produce in the course of running Billy’s Buddies related competitions or activity.
- Billy’s Buddies takes the use of images very seriously and always ensures posts and use of images aligns with the Billy’s Buddies Social Media Policy.
Part 4: Medical Details Pertaining To Illness/Condition
- I acknowledge it is my responsibility to bring to the attention of Billy’s Buddies, any illness or condition my child has or may have.
- I accept that as the parent/guardian that I need to be present during the entire Program and take full responsibility for health and wellbeing of my child during each session OR have an appropriate Proxy instead such as a Childcare worker.
- I accept that I am responsible for the administration of any medication, treatment to my child during the Program or have an appropriate Proxy instead to administer such treatment such as a Childcare worker.
- I accept that it is my responsibility to inform Billy’s Buddies of the type and nature of the illness my child may or does have BUT acknowledge that conveying this information does not make Billy’s Buddies responsible in any way shape or form for looking after my child.
The child is the parent/guardian’s responsibility who may themselves outsource this responsibility to the Childcare Centre. We will use the information provided to us in relation to any illness or condition as a guide to helping facilitate any treatment a child may need but Billy’s Buddies takes no responsibility for administering any treatment, medicines or providing medical advice. The child must be under the supervision of the parent/guardian at all times.
Part 5: Payments Policy
- Payments are taken via Direct Debit – provider, EziDebit. The amount and frequency of the Direct Debit is subject to change. Any proposed change in this arrangement will be communicated to the paying member via email and in advance of this change taking place.
- Membership can be cancelled at anytime. However to ensure you are not charged for any sessions your child does not attend you must provide written notice (via email) of your intention to cancel at least 5 calendar days before your child’s next class. For example, if your child participates in a class on Friday mornings, you must notify Billy’s Buddies Management by Saturday (the previous week) at the latest in order for the next direct debit not to be charged. If notice is provided later than this, the cancellation will take place the following week. Please note that the Program is ongoing which means your child will remain on our attendance list unless we hear from you. To deregister your child please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not leave messages for us with the Childcare staff as our Program is run independently of the Centre.
- Dishonour Fees: For any failed payment, there is a dishonour fee of $11.95. This fee is automatically added to your next payment.
- Missed Sessions: If written notice is provided within 24 hours of this missed session, you will be provided with a lesson credit (equal to one Session). This credit can be used upon the expiry/cancellation of your membership.
To use the credit/s, please contact your Regional Administrator upon the expiration of your membership. Note: Credits cannot be exchanged for refunds. Billy’s Buddies will keep an accurate log of credits but requires parents/guardians to provide notice in writing within 24 hours of the missed session, to trigger the creation of the credit.
Wet Weather: If a session is missed due to wet weather, you will receive an email/text message notifying you that the Session has been cancelled and a Lesson Credit will be applied to your account.
- Balls/Apparel/Equipment/Membership Packs: If you pay for any of these items funds will process the next business day from 2am in addition to your weekly membership, no refunds will be afforded unless goods are faulty.
Billy’s Buddies will in certain circumstances, need to involve a Debt Collection Agency if fees owed are not appropriately settled. Billy’s Buddies will forward on the cost of using the Debt Collection Agency to the debtor (currently 25% of the total debt).
Chasing payments requires significant time and resourcing. If Billy’s Buddies is forced to involve a Debt Collection Agency to recoup fees, an additional administration charge of $30 (to partly cover the time required to rectify) will be added to the outstanding debt.